Sunday, November 18, 2012

Things are getting crafty around here

Things are getting crafty around here! I've officially started working on my wedding scrapbook.  You'll notice that its completion is listed on my 30/30 list.  I anticipate it will take me awhile since I have SO. MANY. PICTURES of the happy day. 

It's been a slow start for the wedding scrapbook.  I have one page officially completed, and 3 more in progress.  I'd say that my usual process for working on scrapbooks is to get pages and layouts in the works before adding journaling and final embellishments.

So far it's been hard for me to choose the main color/design background page for the 12x12 layout and to get going with a color scheme.  A lot of my papers are bright and bold.  I love the bright bold papers, but they aren't formal enough for many of my wedding pictures.

Hubs and I visited 2 craft stores over the weekend so that I could restock my scrapping selection.  I ended up selecting lots of blue papers.  In reality, I think I may need lots of neutral/formal papers for many of the layouts.  Time will tell!

Hubs has got craft fever too.  He spent his time in the craft stores searching for hobby sets and things for his model railroad.  He's got a great Z scale layout going and he's currently working on a mountain scene.

Our office area is cluttered with scrapbooking papers and model railroad equipment.

I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment