Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Giving Thanks

"Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others." - Cicero

It's officially November and Thanksgiving Day will soon be here.  Gratitude and giving thanks has been on my mind.  For me, November is always a reminder of the importance of gratitude and giving thanks. 

Now that Hubs and I are officially a unit, I'm ready to start creating some traditions of our own.  This year I created a "Give Thanks" jar that we will use to record one thing that we are thankful for each day in November. 

Interested in doing something similar?  Here's how:

Step 1:  Locate jar to collect thankful notes

Step 2:  Decorate jar
I used acrylic stamps to write "Give Thanks" on scrap-booking paper.  I used a hot glue gun to secure a navy bow around the top of the jar.





Step 3:  Cut paper strips to write thankful notes on

Step 4:  Explain to husband the project you just completed and get him on-board with the new tradition. 





I'm looking forward to reviewing our thankful notes together at the end of the month.

Do you have any November traditions?

No comments:

Post a Comment