Saturday, January 5, 2013

Scrapbooking Excuses and Frustration

I really just want to get into this wedding scrapbook. To date I've done 3 pages, 2 of which are incomplete.  These pages were done in November.  Now that the holiday rush is past, it's time to get back into this.  But I get overwhelmed even thinking about it.

Why?

Space:  
My desk is a whopping space of 47 x 24 inches.  Throw a printer and laptop on top and it's pretty much out of space.  To clear the space, I end up shifting my stuff around to the point of not knowing where anything is anymore. 

Number of Pictures:
Our photographer took a zillion photos.  And I love her for it because there are so many great pictures.  And it's so many pictures.  And it's hard to focus on one particular event for scrapbooking, or to pick particular photos for layouts.  It's hard because I only printed a small percentage of photos leading up to our wedding ceremony and they are all 4 x 6 size.  And I wonder if I would rather have a couple 4x7s or 8x10s to incorporate and which photos I should order in larger sizes.

Color Scheme:
In my other scrapbooks the pages and color scheme vary from event to event and pages are pretty bright colors.  This is wedding scrapbook will be more formal.  My wedding colors were navy and silver.  It's hard to pick papers to go with particular photos without distracting from the photos.

Don't-want-to-mess-it-up mentality:
Admittedly I have ripped apart many scrapbook pages in the past to re-start with different colors and layouts.  And I'm worried I'll end up ripping things apart so many times that it will become more frustrating.

It takes so much time:
On this beautiful sunny Saturday I haven't left the apartment.  I slept in.  I read many many pages of Wicked on my Kindle. I even took a nap this afternoon.  And I still feel like I don't have enough time to get into this. (Or maybe I'm just procrastinating??)
 
Just getting started:
It can be so hard to just. get. started.  Look at me.  Blogging about the frustration instead of working through it.

Okay...back to trying to scrapbook....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment