Sunday, December 15, 2013

November Recipes 1 & 2

It's mid-December so I figured I better update you that I did in fact try 2 new recipes last month.

1.  Roasted Shrimp with Spaghetti Squash

Spaghetti squash was on display at the entrance of our grocery store so I figured - why not?  It was seasonal, easy, and healthy.

The shrimp recipe was kind of meh tasting overall.  I think I will serve spaghetti squash with marinara sauce and/or meatballs should I decide to make this in the future.



2.  Summer Squash Casserole

Recipe 2 hailed from a dish that Hubs first tried at work.  He brought the recipe home and asked if we could make it for Thanksgiving as a side dish.  I made it for both Thanksgiving dinners that we attended.  It was pretty yummy.

Unfortunately I didn't take any photos to remember this one.

Here are the cliff notes for my memory:  summer squash, cream of mushroom soup, cheese, carrots, and sour cream.

Since this recipe calls for summer squash, I think it would probably taste a little better when summer squash is in season as opposed to the summer squash that I was able to find in the grocery store in mid-November.

 So, uh, hi December 15th...Guess I better get crackin' on the December recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment