Thursday, December 19, 2013

December Recipes 1 & 2

I did it! I tried two new recipes already since my last post - woot woot!  I had a glass of wine with my dinner this evening to celebrate.  Both recipes are from my edition of "The Woman's Day Everyday Cookbook"


Recipe 1:  Shrimp with Potatoes & Feta

We had some potatoes kicking around and up to no good.  I was able to use them up before they went bad and turn them into something tasty with this very easy recipe.

Recipe 2:  Shepherd's Pie


The shepherd's pie recipe was on the page next to the shrimp with potatoes & feta recipe.  I call that destiny.  That and the fact that we had almost all of the ingredients already made it a very easy experiment.

Honestly, I have always avoided shepherd's pie since it just looks like a mash up of different things.  Although I am still not a raving fan of this dish, it was pretty easy to compile and covered many essential food groups in one nice swoop.

My December recipes mark the completion of my 30/30 List Item to "Learn to cook 2 new recipes each month for one year."  An upcoming post will be a compilation of my efforts in the kitchen with some reviews from my loving Hubs.


Cheers to trying new things!

No comments:

Post a Comment