Sunday, December 8, 2013

Homemade LOL Cat Photo Calendar

Every year my siblings and I draw names for a Christmas gift exchange.  This year I wanted to do something special for my little sister.  My little sister is off to the Peace Corps in early 2014 and she loves cats.  I wanted to give her something that would be useful and light-hearted so I looked no further than my cat Wronny and my go-to online photo publisher, Shutterfly.

I had a lot of fun making this calendar.  Below is a step by step guide of how you too can create something fun with pictures from your pet.

Step 1:  Gather some existing pictures of your pet and organize them into categories that align with a calendar.  Do you have a Christmas-y picture?  Or a nice picture of your pet in the foliage?  These can be good anchor photos to get you started thinking of pictures for certain seasons of the year.  It is also helpful to incorporate some of your favorite photos of your pet.  You may decide that you will need to take some new pictures of your pet in both natural and posed settings.

Step 2:  Research LOL cat captions or come up with some of your own!  Be creative and let loose!  Get comfortable with poor grammar and spelling and turning your s's into z's.

Step 3: Find an online photo editor to use to modify your images, play with photo filters, and add your text captions.  I used fotoflexer.com.  I highly recommend this site.  It was very easy to use, offered several photo filters and numerous text font options.

Step 4:  Upload your final edited photos to Shutterfly, choose a calendar template, organize by month, and purchase!

Here is my final product.  Drumroll please...

January 2014
February 2014
March 2014

April 2014

May 2014

June 2014
July 2014

August 2014
September 2014
October 2014


November 2014

December 2014



1 comment: