Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Getting Scrappy

I have been making progress on my wedding scrapbook.  I've got several pages on the go and I'm proud of it.

Getting started with my wedding scrapbook was challenging.  I was too focused on thinking about pictures and events chronologically.  This "order" mindset was keeping me from ideas I had for future page layouts farther out in the process.  For example, I knew exactly what paper I wanted to use for our cake cutting photos when I saw it at the store weeks ago.  I finally took the time to put together this layout and it works just as I was picturing it in my mind!   

I've been skipping around from pre-wedding, to ceremony, to reception photos and it's been working out nicely for me. I've also found that focusing on 2 page layouts at a time to get paper and photo layout down is key to getting started.  Sometimes it takes time to figure it out and I may play around with papers and layouts for a couple of days here and there until I finally jump in and go for it.

I haven't finished 100% of any page layouts.  My goal is to get several pages (or maybe all?) blocked out with paper selections and general layout before getting too focused on embellishments and journaling.

Here's an example of the most recent layout I put together. I toyed with this paper for awhile.  Originally, I thought I would use it for "the kiss" ceremony photos. After playing around with the photos, I found that "the unity candle" photos worked better with the color. 

I had an old odd length piece of offwhite lace that looked great on the paper and added texture. I spent awhile moving the lace around to figure out where to use it.  I ended up using it symmetrically on the outside edges of the layout.  I didn't have quite 24 inches of lace so I improvised adding an offwhite block of fabric to disguise that the lace wasn't 1 continuous piece.

I'll probably end up adding journalling or embellishments to the white blocks of fabric. 

Apologies in advance for the poor photo quality.  I hope to someday purchase a new point and shoot camera for better blogging!

BEFORE
  
AFTER




No comments:

Post a Comment