Thursday, December 13, 2012

Random Thursday

1.  My baby sister turns 21 tomorrow.  Which means she'll be partying tonight.  Just. So. Crazy.

2.  If you were to look in our guest bedroom you might believe we are hoarders.  We really just have no storage space.  No storage space = wall of stacked boxes threatening to topple over at any minute.  That room scares me.

3.  Last night Hubs and I wrote a parody of "Twas the Night Before Christmas."  It's titled "'Twas 10 Nights Before Christmas" and we used it as a dinner invitation for some friends.  I'm pretty proud of the end result.  Here's a sneak peak of our poem:

"'Twas 10 nights before Christmas, when all through the apt.
Both (my name) and (Hubs name) were cooking, minus a cat.
Their stockings were hung by the TV with care, 
In hopes that dinner guests soon would be there."

4.  Yesterday I volunteered with the Salvation Army to sort toy donations and to "shop" through the donated toys for children in need. This is the second year I have volunteered for this activity with the Salvation Army and for the second time I am completely amazed at the toys that people and organizations donate.  It's so great!  One item on a child's list was a "remote control helicopter."  When I read that item, I thought I would never find something even close to it.  I shopped around for a few other items on the list and then...there it was...a brand new remote control toy helicopter.  Perfect!

5.  Have you ever purchased a large tub of cheese balls?  Hubs requested that I purchase one the other day so that he could use the tub container for a project at work.  I love me some cheesy poofs but we officially have a disgusting amount of them at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment