Sunday, June 30, 2013

June Recipes 1 & 2

Holy cow - June has come and gone in a flash!  Fast and rainy is what I'll say about June here.


Fortunately, the weather is starting to break.  There's lots of sun in the forecast.  In fact, we spent a few too many hours poolside today.  I've got a pretty bad sunburn to show for it.  But boy was it great!



June recipes were kept very simple courtesy of our July 2013 Cooking Light  magazine.  

Recipe 1:  Tomato and Feta Toasts




This recipe was incredibly easy.  Crumbling feta, mixing in basil, other spices, broiling bread.  Ouila!  Hubs was surprised by the cold tomatoes in this meal.  He expected them to be warm and toasty.  He did enjoy this one and says it's acceptably repeatable.  I'll call that a win. I bet it's good with mozzarella too.  Might make it more caprese next time.

Recipe 2:  Spicy Shrimp Sliders

This recipe was also pretty easy.  It's required me to purchase and cook with sesame oil for the first time ever.  The sesame oil, ginger, and lemon made for great flavor.  Hubs agreed that it was delish and we'll be repeating this one for sure.

Ok July - I'm officially ready for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment