Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The Macklemore Thrift Shop Challenge


If you haven't found yourself rocking out to Macklemore's Thrift Shop song already, please click on that link and get yourself hooked.

Several blogs I follow have been participating in the Macklemore Thrift Shop Challenge.


via Young House Love


Challenge accepted!  Hubs and I spent some time thrifting a local second hand store to see what kind of fun things we could find.

Here I am, getting read to pop some tags with the $20 I had in my pocket!



I was able to find a few of the thrifted items that are bragged about in the song including:

1.  "They had a broken keyboard, I bought a broken keyboard"





(Actually, they also had an organ....that only cost $10! WHET?!)



 2.  "Passin' up on those moccasins someone else's been walkin' in"


 3.  "I'm in this big a$$ coat, from that thrift shop down the road"

Amazing right? $40 and it could be yours.


So. Much. Fun.

Here are some other fun things found:



A Twilight hard cover book for just $3

Skis for just $5
A sweet old school video camera - remember when they looked like that?


You're wondering, did we buy anything during this extravaganza?  YES!

I spent a few minutes browsing through the CD selection and became the cool 5th grader I never was and bought myself two Britney CDs.  Couldn't resist.  I also picked up the Slumdog Millionaire soundtrack for some Indian jams.  3 CDs for $5.  I've been rocking out in my car all week.


1 comment: